Friday, September 3, 2021

Speaking Up

We've talked about how to use our words. And now, with all the news coming out about the horrendous events from the Middle East, I think we need to talk about speaking up.

But let's not focus on our petty arguments, let's talk about what matters to God. After all we are to share the good news with others...making disciples...baptizing them. (Matthew 28:18-20)

Those who call on Him and will call on Him matter. Those who act out of misguided information matter as well. Among those God wants to reach are the very people causing believers harm.  In the Middle East, Christian believers are battling oppression resulting in them standing up, and often dying, for their faith. I wonder, did they see it coming or was it an I-can't-believe-this-is-happening kind of a thing?

Tell me...if that were you, what would you do?

Don't nay-say this question.

We may be there someday. We might experience the I-can't-believe-it's-happening event.

What if someone you supported suddenly wants to stop you from meeting together with your church? Would you push back? Would you be willing to look down the barrel of a gun and confess you follow Jesus and that you will not bow a knee to the political power that wants to stop you? (Think of Peter and John in Acts 4.)

Are we ready to put aside the earthly arguments and disagreements and focus on a heavenly calling? Are we ready and willing to take a stand? Do we have enough gumption for God to speak up...to stand with His church... no matter the cost? I hope so.

It is my hope for all of us.

 

 


1 comment:

  1. Only with His Strength, I know we all especially myself have said through life I would do this or not do this yet as my age builds I know I'm weak in the world and will need His Strength.

    ReplyDelete