Tuesday, June 23, 2015

When a Low Blow Triumphants

Last Thursday my soul was shaken when I heard about the gunman who opened fire in the middle of a church's Wednesday night prayer meeting. I feel that was a low blow at a most precious time in the Lord's presence.

This young man entered a church prepared to end lives. But he didn't charge in yelling and shooting. No. He waited until he had been in the service for an hour. An hour of singing and prayers, welcoming the presence of God into their midst. And when everyone was relaxed and focusing on God's direction he opened fire and killed nine people.

It doesn't matter the color or culture of this church; this was an attack on God and His people. And it breaks my heart. My tears have finally stopped but I still hurt over this event.

The one thing I loved hearing Thursday was when an elder of the church stated good was going to come from this. When I heard him I knew he was right - what a faith-filled statement to make. Then there was this report on CNN's News 800 site. What remarkable witnesses of God and of His forgiving abilities to those who love Him. Incredible.

My hope is that this low blow to the church here in America will open the eyes of the rest of the nation. And, that Christians everywhere will use situations that come their way not to cry, "Foul," but to cry, "God will be victorious." It's hard, but the last six days have shown us it can be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment