Friday, October 10, 2014

Living the Unbelievable

When I started this blog I chose it's title because writing a blog post is something I would not ever considered doing based on my personality. It was a new requirement in my life pulling me out of the box I lived in and onto a dedicated path of writing. You must know that writing or spending time with technology are not natural callings for me. But when God calls you to write a book, you take the steps necessary to do it.

I must admit that writing has become more natural for me. I live, sleep, eat and drink post ideas as well as book ideas. I've been published in two books and written one of my own and am almost finished with the second book in the series. Who would have thought?

As I think on these things I realize I am living the unbelievable. But the unbelievable is not happening just in my life, it's all around me. We live in a time of unbelievable things happening. Just look at the news.

It has been a long time since we've heard of a disease attacking children to the point of paralysis and near death. Science has managed to stop most of the childhood diseases of the past; i.e. measles, mumps, chicken pox, polio, etc. This cold virus gone mad is their newest challenge.

But it doesn't stop there. The virus Chikungunya attacks all ages, as does the Ebola virus. While the concentration of these diseases is outside the U.S., it is still out there threatening to enter our borders. If you concentrate on all three of these it can be overwhelming.

The unbelievable situation of these diseases threatening to attack the unsuspecting is joined by the groups that hate everyone that is not a part of their group. "Wars and rumors of wars" keep coming to my mind. One country is attacking Israel in an attempt to conquer it. While another has a civil war threatening to go global. What I find more incredible is that they get their new recruits via the internet. News shows air snippets of these recruiting efforts coming from locations one would think didn't have internet connections. But somehow they do. Inconceivable.

I'm sure there's more I could describe that would point out that we all are living in an unbelievable time. And, as I've said before, I'm glad to know that God is in control of the bigger picture. In His book of Revelation, He tells us how crazy and unbelievable things will get as this world nears its end. None of this surprises Him. I just need to remind myself to look to Him when yet another thing occurs confirming how unbelievable life is right now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to hear about your books. can't wait to read them.

    ReplyDelete