Monday, January 2, 2012

Who Do I Relate To? (Part 1)

Have you ever scoured a stadium full of people and wondered if there was anyone there you could possibly relate to? Become friends with?

Jesus didn't have a stadium full of people but he did have a whole flock of disciples following him around everywhere, listening to him speak, hearing and seeing the heart of the law laid out before them. And, he had to choose from among them a small group to be his inner circle. Luke 6:12-16 relates this event.

Can you just picture two men, over to the side, fighting about some small item of discussion? It's possible they could be the Sons of Thunder (James and John). Jesus picked them to be his closest companions, to listen in on all conversations.

Wow. Who would have thought?

Recently I have been impressed to focus on the twelve apostles of Jesus. To see what personalities I find.

Over the next few weeks I want to share verses and information I find on each disciple. I hope to get to know them better, that we all get to know them better.

Let's see who and how many disciples we can embrace and find camaraderie with.

No comments:

Post a Comment