Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Venting

Flipping through Proverbs 29 my eyes fell on verse 11. Basically it says those venting their anger or feelings completely are considered foolish - OUCH!

Initially I pictured someone red in the face, spewing curse words, speaking normal words with so much anger that it changes their impact. But, not everyone blows up like that. I know I don't.

How many times have I heard, have I said...I just need to unload; I just need to vent; I just need to get it out of my system. The truth of the matter is that the more I talk about it to family or friends, the more it sticks as a memory and the more I dwell on it, thus causing me to talk about it some more. Yet, I know I need to get it out of the memory banks of my mind. So, what am I to do?

The rest of the verse speaks about holding back or keeping it to yourself. How do I do both?

Well, Jesus is my confidant and my friend. Not only is He the One to whom I must confess my sins, but, also, He's the one to whom I need to confess my feelings and anger. He understands me better than I understand myself. He can help me get it out of my system and begin the walk to forgiveness.

I just need to remember to go to Him to complain, gripe, vent, unload, the list goes on. But I must leave it there and as far as anyone is concerned keep it to myself. That is my next step to wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment